User of our community-based job service
Free help and support on your doorstep
We provide free one-to-one help and support to get you into work or training and best of all, it’s available at a community venue near you!
We can help you with everything from your CV and covering letter to application forms and interview techniques, whether you’re looking for your first job, you’ve been unemployed for a while, you’re thinking of going back to work after having children or you’re looking for a change of career.
We can also help you find great volunteering opportunities, giving you the chance to learn new skills, improve your CV and boost your confidence.
The service is run by our Employment Outreach Advisor, Ann Rose, and is available at the following community venues:
- Chase Neighbourhood Centre, St Ann’s
- St Ann’s Valley Centre on Livingstone Road, St Ann’s
- TRACS, 60 Sneinton Hollows, Sneinton
- Metropolitan, Gedney Avenue Resource Centre, Gedney Avenue, St Ann’s
- The Centre for the Child, Edale Road, Sneinton
Here are just some of the things we can help you with:
- How to write a great CV and covering letter
- Completing job applications
- Making a good impression at interviews
- Finding training courses, work experience placements and volunteering opportunities
Through the service you can also get free internet access, dedicated IT support, free confidential one-to-one coaching to develop your confidence and self esteem and a Resident’s Grant to help you pay for things like work clothes and equipment and the cost of travelling to work or training.